Before you submit your resume to an it recruiting agency, be sure to read this analysis of the profession. We agree that you can learn any kind of activity, but it’s about hard skills. Soft skills are of great importance here – the character’s warehouse, the ability / desire to sell, work with objections, feel “your own” both in direct selection and at the stage of approving a marketing strategy. But come on in more detail.
920,000 people graduate from Ukrainian universities annually
Only 15% of them work by profession
Every day we get about 15 responses to the position of an it-recruiter
Of the 15 CVs sent, only 1 indicate relevant experience in recruiting / it / hr or, at least, there is a brief cover letter that indicates the candidate’s capabilities and real skills
In a month, we were able to select only 5 people suitable for all characteristics
2 were hired
What is this talking about?
- That to start work in it-recruiting you need:
- Have skills or be able to “sell” yourself
- Read the announcement in detail and be ready to learn (you cannot work with it without knowledge of the materiel)
- Realistically assess the volume and uniformity of the work ahead
If everything is clear with the first two points, then we’ll talk more about the everyday life of an it-recruiter. In general recruiting, the main work is the analysis of job sites / resumes, the study of open profiles on social networks or direct calls to candidates selected by the client. In IT, monotonous sourcing in LinkedIn, Djinni, GitHub and other sites, where the working skills of specialists are openly represented, occupies 80% of the time.
To collect a pool of 5 suitable Senior + candidates, you need to process 500+ profiles. But the most difficult thing begins in personal communications at the time of transition to the 2nd and 3rd stage: after a technical interview and at the stage of receiving an offer.
The it-recruiting market is tailored for candidates: developers, engineers, testers, designers, etc. Middle + specialists can afford to choose between 3 offers and, as a rule, the recruiter who knows how to sell will work with him.
But there is good news for those who like to work. For example, a good it-recruiter:
- Closes 3-4 vacancies per month, earning from $ 1,500
- He receives a small percentage for the recommendation of his specialist (and in the case of a strong friendship, it-schnicks work with one recruiter, there is at least a few)
- If desired, changes qualifications to it faster and develops faster within its framework
- The first to know about the most interesting projects, technologies; will fall into a progressive, fun and active “party”
- Mastering psychology, marketing and other useful sciences without much effort and in practice
- Can work from anywhere in the world
- They can become very successful if they do a little more than their colleagues. After all, only 1 out of 10 IT recruiter speaks with one candidate more than 3 times and almost none of the colleagues in other companies / agencies seek to automate their work. Although it helps a lot to not forget anything and earn a reputation as a responsible specialist.